Monday, April 8, 2013

Left-Handed Supergroup: The Bassist


Guess who?  Who else would this supergroup’s bassist be?  Sir Paul McCartney, bassist and singer for the legendary Beatles.

I remember when my dad pointed out to me that McCartney strummed the strings with his left hand.  It was an infomercial for a Beatles’ compilation and the spot used some music videos.  I didn’t care at the time because the picture was in black and white, and I just considered that to be too old for me to like.
If I could go back in time I would slap myself.

In addition to the hundreds of awards he has won throughout his career, with the Beatles and as a solo artist, McCartney was the last member of the group to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

I’m sorry what?  Last?  I mean second I can understand because of John Lennon’s assassination, but last?  I don’t think that’s right, but I digress.

Anyway, this will be the last Beatles question mark for the supergroup as both Lennon and George Harrison were right-handed guitarists.

No comments:

Post a Comment