Thursday, April 4, 2013

Left-Handed Supergroup: The Drummer


Left-handed musicians have always interested me.  I played the violin (right-handed because it was the only way my music teacher would teach me) from the age of 9 until I graduated from high school.  I started thinking about a hypothetical supergroup consisting of lefty musicians.  The supergroup would have 4 members in it.  While I realize this group may not make much sense, since the musicians didn't all play the same style of music or peak in popularity at the same time, keep in mind this is just for fun.

The band’s drummer would be Phil Collins, the legendary drummer / singer of progressive, art rock group Genesis.

Throughout his career, Collins has won 7 Grammy Awards, 3 American Music Awards, an Academy Award, and 2 Golden Globe Awards, among numerous others.  And don’t forget, he wrote and performed the songs for Disney’s Tarzan.    

Now, what made the decision tough was the fact that legendary Beatles’ drummer Ringo Starr is a left-hander.  But, Starr plays a right-handed drum kit.  I didn’t want to include lefties that play right-handed instruments.  I also didn’t want to include more than one person from a band.  (A hint at another member of the supergroup?)

No comments:

Post a Comment